Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas CAS Card

Hello everyone!  Last week I shared a New Fall stamp set from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and today I am sharing two New Christmas stamp sets.  It's never too early to start creating Christmas cards.  I know for myself it seems like after Halloween the time just goes by so fast and before you know it Christmas is here lol.


For today's card I went with non-traditional Christmas colors.  I used some of the beautiful papers from the KaiserCraft - Christmas Jewel collection to create a CAS (Clean And Simple) card.  The fun image of the Christmas tree is from the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps O Christmas Tree SS-021 and the sentiment is from the Wonder of Christmas Sentiments SS-022.  I used the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp the image and sentiment at the same time using VersaMark Ink.  Then I heat embossed using Ranger Super Fine Silver Embossing Powder and a heat tool. Before I did the stamping I also prepped the paper using the EK Success Powder Tool.  This is such a great little tool to have in your stash!  To color the little circles I didn't have the exact same color of purple so I used two Copic markers and touched them tip to tip to create the color I needed.  Then I colored in the rest of the tree with the Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen.


Here is a close up to see all of the shimmer on the Christmas tree.  I also added some Ranger - Glossy Accents to the little circles.  On the polk-a-dot paper I colored the dots around the outer edge with the Wink of Stella to add even more shimmer.


I layered a couple different pieces of the pattern paper and used some Foam Tape in between to the layers for some added dimension.  If you wanted to make the card even more CAS you could skip the foam tape in between the layers and the glossy accents.  This would be a quick and easy card to make multiples of for Christmas.  The card base is a white A2 top folding card.

Thanks so much for joining me today!  If you would like to see more card inspiration using the New Stamp Simply Clear Stamps I encourage you to check out the Stamp Simply Blog.  All of the supplies used to create my card can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

I hope you are having a wonderful and creative week!

Hugs & Smiles, 
Heidi




Supplies
Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - O Christmas Tree SS-021, Wonder of Christmas Sentiments SS-022
Paper:  KaiserCraft - Christmas Jewel, Cardstock - White
Ink/Markers:  VersaMark Ink, Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen, Copic V15, V17 (tip to tip)
Accessories:  EK Success Powder Tool, Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, Ranger Super Fine Silver Embossing Powder, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner, Foam Tape, Ranger - Glossy Accents, Heat Tool 

1 comment:

  1. great card Heidi. sometimes we need flat and a little simpler. (gail)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...