Friday, July 7, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - I Adore You Distress Watercolor Card

Hello blogging friends!  I hope you all had a very Happy 4th of July celebration and long holiday weekend.  For many years our town has had the parade on the 3rd of July and it comes right by our house.  We always have a big cookout and invite family and friends.  This year we had close to 40 people over.  It was a lot of fun to see everyone, celebrate, and have lots of yummy food.  

Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I have a Distress Watercolor card and tutorial to share with you.


Here is the card I designed.  I used the Altenew - Adore You Clear Stamp Set and the masking technique for my card.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink for all of the coloring.  I did a combination of ink blending and watercolor.


To do the masking technique I stamped out each of the images I was going to use on to a piece of full sticky post-it note paper.  You can also use masking paper.  I have some of the masking paper in my stash and it works great!  The post-it notes just happen to be on my desk and it was the first thing I grabbed.  Once I stamped all of the images then I fussy cut them.  For masking I like to cut the images just inside the outline.  This helps to prevent getting the white space in between the images.  I stamped each image with Versamark Ink and then heat embossed using Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder.  For masking you want to stamp the image that you want in front first.  Then you add the mask on top of the image and then stamp another image.  Repeat.  When doing the masking technique you can stamp several images and once all of the masks are removed it will look like one larger image.


I wanted to do some ink blending for the background so I left all of the masks in place and I stamped and fussy cut a few more of the smallest flower.  I started with the ink blending right next to the flower cluster.  I started with Cracked Pistachio.  To do the ink blending I used the Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tools.  I used a lighter hand to ink blend the Cracked Pistachio.  I didn't want it to be too dark right next to the flowers.  Then, I added Peacock Feather, Mermaid Lagoon, and finished with Wilted Violet.  I used a heavier had for applying the Mermaid Lagoon and Wilted Violet.


For this next part I got a little bit ahead of myself.  I used the Distress Spray Bottle to add the water droplets and then a paper towel to blot the water.  If I was going to do this again I would remove the masks before adding the water.  But luckily it all worked out.  :)


Here is a look at the card front once I finished the watercolor.  I used Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry for the flowers.  I used both colors for the smaller flowers.  I used Black Soot for the flower centers.  For the leaves I used Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feather,  Once the paper was dry I used a dry paper towel to go over the embossed areas and remove and excess color from the Distress Inks.  You can click on the image to enlarge and see more of the detail if you would like.


I wanted to stamp and emboss the sentiment on to a piece of black cardstock so I used the EK Success Powder Tool on the paper.  When you use the Powder Tool your embossing powder will only stick where you want it to.  I used Versamark Ink to stamp one of the sentiments from the Adore You Clear Stamp Set and then I added Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder.  I used a heat tool to melt and heat set the powders.  Then I let the paper cool for a couple of seconds and wiped away the powder residue from the  Powder Tool.  I cut the sentiment into a strip and then fussy cut the end for a banner.


I love the bright and vibrant color from the Distress Inks.  For a little bit of sparkle I added a few Iridescent Sequins.


Here is a close up of the sentiment.  I used some Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Tape to pop up the sentiment.


Here is a close up of the flower cluster.


To finish off the card I added Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Tape to the back of the watercolor panel and then added that to a black A2 top folding card base.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and tutorial.  If you would like to see more inspiration from the design team check out the Stamp Simply Blog.  Also, check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of your paper crafting needs.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Altenew - Adore You Clear Stamp Set
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor Paper (Smooth Side), Cardstock - Black
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feather, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Mowed LawnBlack Soot, Versamark Ink
Accessories:  EK Success Powder Tool, Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tools. Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Distress Spray Bottle, Ranger - Glossy Accents, Iridescent Sequins. Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Tape, Paint Brush, Heat Tool

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the contrast of the background against your beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZIERS this is one beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally adore this card (see how I used the stamp name) yep, this is the next stamp set i'll purchase. I like how the flowers didn't get the water drops on them. this is a great card, Heidi. (gail)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...