Friday, April 21, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Tulip Watercolor Card with Distress Inks

Hello everyone and happy Friday!  Today, I have a watercolor card to share with you using some of the Stamp Simply Clear Stamps and Tim Holtz Distress Inks.


For my card I started out with a piece of the Ranger Watercolor paper and I stamped the image of the tulip from the Get Well Tulip SS-014 stamp set with  VersaMark ink.  Then, I added Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder on top of the image and poured the excess into a coffee filter and then back into the jar.  I like to use a coffee filter when I am heat embossing or working with glitter.  I can dump all of the excess into the coffee filter and then easily add it back into the container.  Plus the coffee filter can be used many times.  Ok, back to the card -- I used my heat tool to melt and heat set the embossing powder.


When an image is heat embossed it makes it very easy to watercolor.  The raised edges of the embossing hold the watercolor in each area and allows you to very quickly watercolor.  If the image wasn't embossed you would have to color each area one at a time and you couldn't color areas right next to each other until they were dry or the color could bleed into the different areas.  I used Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet for the tulip and for the leaves I used Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn.  I did a couple of layers of the watercolor starting out light and then adding darker color for the shading.  For the background I used Cracked PistachioMowed Lawn, and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks.  I used the heat tool to dry the paper and then I lightly misted the paper with water.  I used a paper towel to blot up the excess water leaving little water droplet marks.


I trimmed the watercolor paper down to the size I needed and then I added a bow using some of the  May Arts Variegated Silk Ribbon Turquoise/Brown.  I love all of the colors of the variegated silk ribbon.  Then, I added a Prima Loraine Blue Lagoon Flower to the center of the bow.  For the sentiment I used a verse from the Fear Not SS-016 stamp set from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.  I used VersaMark and Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder to stamp and heat emboss the sentiment.  Then I used some of the Peacock Feathers ink to add little paint splatters on the background of the card.  I added some 3D Foam Squares to the back of the watercolor panel and then added that to a white A2 top folding card base.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed the card share.  To see more inspiration from the design team hop on over to the Stamp Simply Blog.  If you are looking for some paper crafting goodies check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I hope you have a beautiful weekend!  I know I am looking forward to it!  It has been rainy, cold, and gloomy here in Minnesota the past few days and the weather man said it's going to be nice and sunny on Saturday and Sunday.

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Stamps:  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Get Well Tulip SS-014, Fear Not SS-016
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor, Cardstock - White
Ink:  VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn.
Ribbon:  May Arts Variegated Silk Ribbon Turquoise/Brown
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Prima Loraine Blue Lagoon Flower, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, E-Z Runner, Heat Tool, Paint Brush

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous card!!! I love your beautiful watercoloring! Beautiful embellishments and sentiment as well!
    I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where anything goes as long as you use products form companies Cropstop carries in the store. (You did!)
    You can check it out here: www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/spring-mixed-media

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heidi, this is just STUNNNG! The colours you chose are gorgeous and the gold really makes it so elegant! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...