Friday, September 2, 2016

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Altenew Floral Shadows Smile Card with the Rock-N-Roll and Faux Watercolor Techniques

Hello everyone!  This week on the Stamp Simply Blog all of the design team members have been sharing projects to feature some of the NEW Altenew products that have recently been added to The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  For my card I used two of the new stamp sets, inks, and one of the dies from Altenew.  I also did a couple of fun and easy techniques on the card.  I don't have a tutorial this week but I will explain the whole process and how you can achieve the same look for your cards.


Here is a look at the card I designed.  I started out with a piece of Ranger - Watercolor Paper and I stamped the floral and leaf images from the Altenew - Floral Shadows Clear Stamp set.  For the flowers I used Red Cosmos - Cool Berry and Ruby Red.  If you look at the stamp set there is a smaller flower with a little stem and that is the image I used for the center of the flower.  I just made sure to only ink up the flower and not the stem and it made a perfect flower center.  I randomly stamped the images to fill in most of the space on the watercolor paper.  Then I used a heat to to dry the inks on the paper because I wanted to do a little bit of embossing.


Here is a close up so you can see some of the embossing.  For the embossing I did the Rock-N-Roll technique with the stamps and ink.


If you are new to stamping or if you have never done the Rock-N-Roll technique it is very easy to do and here is a picture so you can see what the stamp would look like with the ink on it.  Basically to do the technique you will hold the ink pad at an angle and you will Rock-N-Roll the ink pad around the outer edges of the stamp.  So as you can see in the picture the stamp will just have a little bit of ink applied to the edges.  You can also do this with two colors of ink like a light and darker color.  With two inks you would apply the lightest color fist and then Rock-N-Rock the darker ink around the edges and then stamp.


Here is another close up.  I used the Delicata - Golden Glitz Pigment Ink for the Rock-N-Roll technique of the stamps.  Since the stamps are clear you can line them up pretty easily but if the images are offset a little that is ok too--it will still look good--I promise!  I chose to used the Delicata - Golden Glitz Pigment Ink because even though it is a pigment ink it's not as opaque as some other pigment inks.  I knew it would have a pretty gold shimmer and then by adding  Ranger - Super Fine Embossing Powder - Clear on top of the images and heat setting the embossing powder will seal in the ink colors under the embossing.  So I stamped the flowers and leaves with the Altenew dye inks and then I stamped the images a second time with the Delicata - Golden Glitz Pigment Ink and heat embossed them.  For the leaves I used Green Fields - Frayed Leaf ink. I also stamped one of the small leaf clusters using just the Delicata - Golden Glitz Pigment Ink and heat embossed with Ranger - Super Fine Embossing Powder - Clear.  Once all of the stamping and embossing was done then I used a spray bottle with water to wet the paper.  Since the colored inks are dye based they will react with the water and the colors will start to move and blend around.  I just let the colors and water blend for maybe about 30 seconds or so and then I used a heat tool to dry the paper.  Once the paper was dry then I added paint splatters using the Ruby Red ink and a paint brush with some water and then set the paper aside to dry.  By adding the water and the paint splatters it gives the paper the look of a watercolor piece but its easy peasy to achieve. :)


Next I stamped the smile sentiment from the Halftone Smile Clear Stamp Set.  I used the Red Cosmos - Cool Berry and Ruby Red inks and stamped on to a piece of white cardstock.  Then I used the Altenew - Halftone Smile Die to die cut the word.  I stamped the other part of the sentiment on to black cardstock using VersaMark Ink and embossing with Stampendous Super Fine Embossing Powder - Detail White.


To assemble the card I added some May Arts Rose 1/4'' Silk Ribbon with a bow around the faux watercolor panel.  I added the black embossed part of the sentiment and then added some Therm-O-Web Foam Squares to the smile die cut to add a little dimension to the card.  To finish off the card I added a Petaloo Botanica Collection Pistachio Minis Flower to the center of the bow and I also added a few 5mm Black Sequins.  I added more foam squares to the back of the card front panel and then added that to an A2 top folding black card base.  I hope my instructions were clean enough but if you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comment section or you can always email me too.  floralfantasy@charter(dot)net

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please be sure to check out the Stamp Simply Blog so you can see what all of the design team members have been busy creating with all of the Altenew products.  You can also visit The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of your paper crafting needs.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi 


Supplies
Stamps:  Altenew - Floral Shadows Clear Stamps, Halftone Smile Clear Stamp Set
Paper:  Ranger - Watercolor Paper, Cardstock - Black, White
Inks:  Altenew - Red Cosmos (Cool Berry, Ruby Red), Green Fields (Frayed Leaf), Delicata - Golden Glitz Pigment Ink, VersaMark Ink
Dies:  Altenew - Halftone Smile Die
Ribbon:  May Arts Rose 1/4'' Silk Ribbon
Accessories: Ranger - Super Fine Embossing Powder - Clear, Stampendous Super Fine Embossing Powder - Detail White5mm Black Sequins, Petaloo Botanica Collection Pistachio Minis Flowers, Ranger - Glossy Accents, Therm-O-Web Foam Squares, Scor-Tape, Paint Brush, Water Bottle, Heat Tool

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC!! crazy about the colors. (gail)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heidi, this is so beautiful. Love how you used the gold Delicata with the rock and roll technique.
    I wish I had this die. I am trying to make some encouragement cards for my parents and this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...