Thursday, August 25, 2016

U Rock Card -Tonic Studios Dies and ARC Crafts Wood Sheets -Tutorial

Hello blogging friends!  Today, I have a fun masculine card to share with you.  The card is filled with techniques and I also have a picture tutorial to share with you.
 

 Here is the card I designed using some of the Tonic Studios die templates and Birch BARC Wood Sheets with Adhesive Backing from ARC Crafts.  The wood sheets are so fun to work with and they die cut beautifully.


   To start I used some of the Birch BARC Wood Sheets with Adhesive Backing from ARC Crafts and I die cut the guitar shape using the 1175E Rococo Electric Guitar Die.  Next I removed all of the little bits and pieces from the die cut guitar.  One of the techniques I used for the guitar is inlaid die cutting so be sure to save all of the little bits and pieces.  I used all three of the markers in the Creative Pen Collection - 317N Natural Browns to color the guitar.  I started with the lightest color being 461 and then added the medium color 463.  I added some of the darkest brown color 465 along the edges and then I went back with the medium and lightest markers to blend the colors.  I love how the Creative Penlook on the Birch BARC Wood Sheets.  The colors of the markers really make the wood grain pop. 


  Next, I cut a  few small pieces of black cardstock and removed the protective backing on the guitar die cut so the adhesive would be exposed and then I added the black cardstock to the backside of the guitar.  Then I peeled the backing off of all the little tiny bits and pieces and placed them back into the die cut.  Doing this is called inlaid die cutting.  It takes a little time to do but I think the results are worth the extra time.  I used a VersaMark Watermark Pen to go over all the inlaid pieces and then I added Embossing Powder 598N Glitter Embossing Powder - Noir and used a heat tool to melt the powders. 



 Here is a close up of the finished guitar.


  One more close up.  Here you can really see the wood grain.  I just love how the guitar turned out!


   Be sure to save your left over pieces of the Birch BARC Wood Sheets and then you can use them to test out colors of markers or different products you might want to add. 


  I used the 608E Duo Cap Initials Pretoria A-N Die Set and 609E Duo Cap Initials O-Z Die Set to die cut the letters from the Birch BARC Wood Sheets.  The Initial dies are great becasue you get a two for one with the dies.  The letter is one piece and then there is the decorative outline.  You can use the die cuts together or seperate.  Gotta love dies that give you more bang for the buck!  I used the Creative Pen Collection - 317N Natural Browns 461, 463, 465, 312N Sunshine Yellows 405, 311N Fragrant Oranges 391, 393,  310N Rich Reds 379, 381 and 313N Woodland Greens 417 to color the letters.  I used the markers as shown in the picture going from lightest to darkest.  You might notice the 417 marker from the 313N Woodland Greens collection.  Green is a complimentary color to red so it works for the shading and blending at the bottom of each letter.
  

  Here is the close up of the letters.  You can also see the wood grain on the letters. 


  I wanted to add some shine to the letters but I didn't want them to be dimensional so I used a brush to apply the Crystal Drops - 677N US-Morning Dew.  Then after the first coat was dry I added a little more just on the very bottom edge of each letter and then I applied Pure Sheen Glitter -706N Charcoal .  In the picture you can see the letters with a little bit of Sheen Glitter on the bottom edge.


  Here is a close up of the letters on the card.  I added some 650N Gloss-Ebony Black Crystal Drops to finish off the card.

  
  To create the background for the card I die cut some silver shimmer paper using the largest die in the 480E Square Layering Die Set.  Then I used three of the dies from the 525E Pinhole Square Layering Die Set to create the pinhole design on the paper.  I love the cool background design created from the pinhole pattern!  Next I added some Embellishment Mousse 811N Black Ash to the paper.  I just used my finger to apply the mousse and then I used a baby wipe to wipe off some of the excess.  Then I used a paint brush and applied the Crystal Drops - 677N US-Morning Dew along the edges and then added Pure Sheen Glitter 709N Charcoal to give the background piece some interest and added texture. 



  To assemble the card I added the background piece to a black  5.5 x 5.5 top folding card base.  Then I used Craft Tacky Glue to adhere the sentiment.  I added some foam squares to the back of the guitar for some added dimension to the card.  I also wanted to mention for all of my paper cutting and die cutting I used both the Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer and Tangerine Die Cutting System

 I hope you enjoyed today's card and the tutorial!  Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please be sure to check out the ARC Crafts blog to see what they have created with the Tonic Studios products.  Below there is also a list of ways you can get connected with ARC Crafts and follow them on social media—they have some fantastic products! Don't forget to check out the Tonic Blog too for more inspiration from the Design Team.



Twitter: @arccrafts
Instagram: arccrafts
Supplies
Tonic Studios 
Dies:  1175E Rococo Electric Guitar Die, 480E Square Layering Die Set, 525E Pinhole Square Layering Die Set, 608E Duo Cap Initials Pretoria A-N Die Set, 609E Duo Cap Initials O-Z Die Set NUVO:  Creative Pen Collection - 317N Natural Browns 461, 463, 465, 312N Sunshine Yellows 405, 311N Fragrant Oranges 391, 393, 310N Rich Reds 379, 381, 313N Woodland Greens 417,  Embossing Powder 598N Glitter Embossing Powder - Noir, Crystal Drops - 677N US-Morning Dew (dries clear), 650N Gloss-Ebony Black, Pure Sheen Glitter 709N Charcoal, Embellishment Mousse 811N Black Ash 
Tools/Adhesive:  Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer,  Tangerine Die Cutting System, Craft Tacky Glue 
 Other Supplies Used:  ARC CraftsBirch BARC Wood Sheets with Adhesive Backing, VersaMark Watermark Pen, Foam Squares, Cardstock - Black, Silver Shimmer, Paint Brush, Heat Tool  

1 comment:

  1. I swear- this might be one of the coolest cards I have ever seen! That guitar is awesome! The letters and the background are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...