Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Vintage Christmas Angel Ornament - ButterBeeScraps and ICE Resin

Hello everyone!  I can't believe on Sunday it was 84 degrees here in Minnesota but today we are back down to the more normal Autumn temps -- it's in the 30's this morning!  Brrrr  LOL!  Today, I have another Christmas ornament to share with you.  I am going to be doing a show in November for Small Business Saturday (more information to come) so I have been busy creating--Christmas ornaments, lots of jewelry, home decor and small gift items.


Here is a look at the Christmas ornament.  I started with a Hobnail Circle Bezel and added the Christmas Angel Image.  The bezel is filled with ICE Resin and then I sprinkled in a little Silver German Glass Glitter.  I added 4 mm Rhinestone Chain around the outer edge of the bezel and then I added a piece of Bronze Metal Filigree Embellishment (#020-B).  I spray painted the filigree with Krylon White Flat Spray Paint, buffed it with steel wool and then sealed it with Krylon Crystal Clear Sealer.  I also added little clusters of SS12 Clear Flat Back Glass Rhinestones and white flat back pearls around the metal filigree piece.


Here is a close up of the embellished bezel.  I just love the image of this little angel! 


To create the beaded chandelier dangle I used some bronze wire and wire wrapped the Clear GLASS Chandelier Drop Pendants (#GL1437-CL) and then I added Bronze Filigree Bead Caps (#CAP629-B) (Lg Bead Cap).  Next I added some pearls from my stash and a Bronze Filigree Bead Caps (#CAP052-B) (Sm Bead Cap) with a couple of Clear Rhinestone and Bronze Rondelle Spacer Beads – 8mm (#BD008-B/CL) and Clear Rhinestone and Bronze Rondelle Spacer Beads – 6mm (#BD006-B/CL).  Then I connected the dangle to the bezel and wire wrapped the loop.  To finish off the bezel I added some seam binding for the hanger.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Don't forget to hop on over to ButterBeeScraps and check out all of the metal filigrees, bling and jewelry findings--there is something for everyone!

Hope you have a beautiful day!

Hugs,
Heidi

Supplies
ButterBeeScraps
Bronze Metal Filigree Embellishment (#020-B)
Clear GLASS Chandelier Drop Pendants (#GL1437-CL)
Clear Rhinestone and Bronze Rondelle Spacer Beads – 8mm (#BD008-B/CL)
Clear Rhinestone and Bronze Rondelle Spacer Beads – 6mm (#BD006-B/CL)
SS12 Clear Flat Back Glass Rhinestones
Bronze Filigree Bead Caps (#CAP629-B) (Lg Bead Caps)
Bronze Filigree Bead Caps (#CAP052-B) (Sm Bead Cap)

Other Supplies
Krylon White Flat Spray Paint
Krylon Crystal Clear Sealer
E6000
Steel Wool
Bronze Wire
Pearls
Flat Back Pearls
4 mm Rhinestone Chain
Hobnail Circle Bezel
ICE Resin
Silver German Glass Glitter
Christmas Angel Image
Seam Binding
Round Nose Pliers
Bent Nose Pliers
Flush Cutter
Mod Podge
Ranger Multi Medium Matte

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Heidi (as is all your work!). Thanks for sharing and inspiring! HUGS from OHIO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...