Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mixed Media Sing Out Loud Canvas - JustRite Papercraft May Release Day Three

Hello everyone!  Today, is the third and finally day of the JustRite Papercraft May New Release and I have a fun mixed media canvas to share with you.


How fun is this bright, bold and playful canvas?  Now I will admit using the bright and bold colors for me is a little out of my comfort zone but what the heck--I just had fun with it.  Check out the cute little birdie--love it!!  I used the CL-02157 Script Background Cling Stamp kind of randomly in the background and for the main focal point I used the New CR-02183 Sing Out Loud Clear Stamps.  Lots of fun layers with Ken Oliver Crafts-Color Burst , Stamping, Gesso, and paper piecing.


I don't have a full tutorial for the canvas but I did snap a couple of pictures of the background from when I started working on it.  I actually used a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper and then the finished piece was adhered to a hard canvas board.  I misted the paper with water and then I sprinkled on some of the Pthalo Green and Ultramarine Blue Ken Oliver Crafts-Color Burst .  I let the colors and the water kind of do their magic on their own.  I misted a little more water and then just moved the paper around a little.  Then I used a heat tool to dry the paper and set the colors.  Next I misted more water on to the craft mat where there was still color burst and then I gently tapped the paper into the mix picking up more color.  I did this a few times until I was happy with the look and then I heat set and dried the paper again.  Doing this will add layers and depth to your paper.


Next I did a combination of lightly misting the paper and also spraying some water in to my hands and letting it drop on the paper.  I let the water sit on the paper for a minute or so and then I put a paper towel on top of the paper and blotted to remove the water.  Doing this also removes some of the watercolor wherever the water was.  It creates a fun textured look.


Once I had all of the color added to the background then I sprayed a couple layers of Krylon Clear Satin Sealer on to the paper.  Doing this will seal the colors so you can add layers of other paints, mediums or whatever you would like on top of the background without messing up the background.  Next I used Stazon Jet Black ink and randomly stamped the CL-02157 Script Background Cling Stamp.  When the ink was dry I dry brushed over most of the paper with white gesso.  The gesso does help to tone the colors down just a bit and it covers up some of the script stamping in the background.  Once the gesso was dry then I applied some Golden Glass Bead Gel.  I mixed some of the Ultramarine Blue Color Burst in with the gel.  You can see the beaded gel at the top of this picture (you can click to enlarge the picture for more detail).


The gel does take a little time to dry so while I was waiting on that I stamped and fussy cut the little bird, wing, and flowers,  For the banner I used a EK Success punch.  Once the gel was dry then I started stamping on to the paper.  I stamped all of the images using StazOn Jet Black ink.  Then I wanted to add some shading so I went over the bird and flowers with a Spectrum Aqua Marker Black working in just small areas and then I rubbed and blended out the color with my finger.  Once the shading was done then I added all of the paper piecing.


All of the pattern paper is from the Simple Stories I AM 6 x 6 Paper Pad Collection.  I added 3D Foam Squares to all of the pattern paper pieces except for the body of the bird.


To finish off the piece I added a few pearls.


The Sing Out Loud Clear Stamps is perfect for mixed media, art journaling and card making.  I had a lot of fun playing with the new set and creating the canvas.

Please be sure to visit all of the Design Team Members in the link list below to see all of the fun projects they have created to share with you.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-02183 Sing Out Loud Clear Stamps, CL-02157 Script Background Cling Stamp
Paper:  Strathmore Mixed Media Paper, Simple Stories I AM 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Ink/Paint:  StazOn Jet Black Ink, Spectrum Aqua Marker Black, Ken Oliver Crafts-Color Burst Pthalo Green, Ultramarine Blue
Punch:  EK Success Banner Punch
Accessories:  Gesso, Krylon Clear Satin Sealer, Golden Glass Bead Gel, Ranger Multi Medium Matte, White Pearls, Gray Twine, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, Mini Canvas Board

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, this is SOOOO COOOL! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I L-O-V-E the colors, the stamps, the overall composition . . . everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...