Friday, January 30, 2015

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Valentine Wish Card

Hello everyone!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and I have yet another Valentine card to share with you, LOL.  There is such a short time span to create and share Valentine cards so I have to get them in while I can.  :)  


This card has a little bit of mixed media for the background.  But I have to tell you I just love how the background turned out!  The colors are so soft and pretty and the texture with the crackle gives the background just a touch of a vintage/shabby chic look.  I started with a piece of Ranger Watercolor Paper.  I used the Prima Designer Stencil 6 x 6 -Flourish and Studio 490 Embossing Paste Crackled Texture to create the textured background.  Then I set it aside to dry.  Once it was dry I used Worn Lipstick and Broken China Tim Holtz Distress Inks with some water to create a watercolor wash on the background.  I used a heat tool do dry the paper.  Then I took the Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress Ink and rubbed it directly on top of the texture so the crackles would pick up some of the ink.  Then I used a heat tool to dry the ink.


Here is a close up of the background paper so you can see the color wash and the crackle texture.  The Prima stencil is so pretty and the flourish pattern is perfect for vintage style projects.


I fussy cut the image from the  Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments 8 x8 paper pad.  I also tried to match the colors for the background to the colors in this image.  I layered the image with some pink and blue cardstock and then I added a bow using May Arts Ivory Silk Ribbon.  I also added a few Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms-Fairy Floss and  5mm Crystal Sequins.


Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Paper:  Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments, Ranger Watercolor Paper, Cardstock-Pink, Blue
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Antique Linen
Ribbon:  May Arts Ivory Silk Ribbon
Accessoreis:  Prima Designer Stencil 6 x 6 -Flourish, Studio 490 Embossing Paste Crackled Texture, Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms-Fairy Floss, 5mm Crystal Sequins, Scrapbooks Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, E-Z Runner Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenser 49', Paint Brush

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Valentine card. Beautiful image and such beautiful soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card love the soft colors and the crackle embossing paste gives the card a nice vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite cards you've ever done! I Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous! The background is amazing. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! Love the effect you got for your background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really pretty card Heidi. Just love the colors and the way you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! And i so agree how the background turned out beautiful! I'm taking notes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, love the layers and textures. Awesome job matching the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...